BBO Hub Coordinator – Vacancy – Scintilla
Job Title: BBO Hub Co-ordinator
Reports to: Scintilla Operations Manager
Contract: Fixed Term
Duration: From September 2018 – 31st October 2019
Location: Scintilla, Covering Mansfield & Ashfield
Job Ref: SCIN24
Additional information: The post-holder will be solely employed on the BBO Towards Work project.
This project is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery, through the Big Lottery Fund.
Are you looking to make a difference in people’s lives across Mansfield and Ashfield? We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic leader of people, with a track record in process management to take on the role of Hub Co-ordinator for our area. Our service supports individuals furthest from the labour market to remove barriers to employment, education and training. We offer a total bespoke and humane approach, with the emphasis always on the individual moving forward with their lives. This is a multi agency programme and we are looking for a strong and ethically minded individual to lead our Hub.
Purpose of the Role
The Hub Co-ordinator will contribute to the overall success of the BBO Towards Work programme within Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire. The successful candidate will work alongside and co-ordinate programme delivery from our Mansfield and Ashfield Hub organisation Scintilla. Covering the Mansfield and Ashfield area they will work directly with all TW Work Coach host organisations within the Micro-Hub structure of the contract to ensure they understand the requirements being asked on them.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
The principal duties and responsibilities of this role encompass tasks and activities that primarily relate to the purpose of the role and may include other duties that are supplementary to the role.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To create and manage strong relationships with key referral agencies and statutory bodies to encourage client referrals to the TW programme.
- Co-ordinate referrals to the programme ensuring consideration of the geographic reach of each microhub and collective KPI targets.
- To engage, build trust and maintain effective relationships with TW Work Coach host organisations within the Micro-Hub structure.
- Support the network of microhubs in the TW Co-ordinators operational area to ensure that a consistent service is delivered that meets the needs of service users.
- Line manage the Hub Lead Organisations TW staff team, namely TW Work Coach (s), TW Job Broker and TW Administrator.
- Regularly conduct supervisions and appraisals of the team who are employed by the Hub Lead organisation in line with appropriate policies and procedures.
Person Specification – Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following specific attributes.
- Knowledge or previous experience of coaching, supporting and placing unemployed/ economically inactive people with multiple & complex needs into employment, self-employment or FE/Training.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Local Labour Market, Sector Skills Gaps, local Employment & Skills provision, Specialist Support Networks, and Education & Training providers.
- Previous demonstrable experience, at management level, of successful programme co-ordination and a thorough understanding of high level relationship management techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable effective working relationship with partners, key stakeholders and programme clients.
- Previous knowledge and understanding of Performance Management Frameworks, and meeting/exceeding contractual Key Performance Indicators (KPI) targets relating to Performance Outcomes, including the achievement of job and training outcomes.
- Genuine commitment to the personal and occupational success of long term unemployed people.
- Possess excellent organisational and time management skills, prioritising and managing work according to deadlines and performance targets.
To apply and receive full application pack please email
Application deadline Friday 17th August 12pm.
Shortlisting Monday 20th August
Interviews to take place Wednesday 22nd & Thursday 23rd August